Monday, March 30, 2009

Putty fix on windows

I had some annoyance with putty on my windows systems; I always forget where it downloads, or i moved it and the shortcut wouldn't work but the program actually saves keys in registry so it doesn't really matter where it is located...

So finally I decided to place it in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and run it by pressing windowskey+r to get to the run box and type "putty" without quotes (because anything in system32 with .exe will run from run box)

One more thing I have done since then is create a one line batch file to go with putty download in order to place it in system32 everytime installing it in a new system.
The one line is the following:
move putty.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\putty.exe

Save that in text file and rename it to something.bat with putty.exe in same folder and run the batch.
Or just download it both from HERE

No comments: