Sunday, September 25, 2011

Drive (2011) movie review

First, the movie starts slow but kind of cool, old school cars are shown and the character is wearing gloves. Interesting but very slow moving. Of course there's many movies starting fairly slow and pick up quickly and this movie seems to do it, but then slows down again, and again, and again, to be very, very slow.

I wanted to see this movie because it seemed it would only come out in theaters around Novemeber. The trailer was actually looking very good. And in that I would say it was very misleading. The action in the movie does come in and is very nice, I would compare it to any hollywood action flick in that sense but the slowness between each action sections of the movie simply make it unbearable. Somehow I did end up seeing it to the end and I am surprised by this as I thought I would turn it off, and I even questioned why I didn't but ended up seeing it through (I guess I like to finish things).

I only want to call the slow parts of the movie a huge wast of time, I really wish this 100 minute movie was edited to be 50 minutes, in fact I really want to do this myself and hope to find a nice video editing software and do this (if copyright didn't restrict me this would probably be floating around the internet for anyone to download). I would take out all the slow and non-plot related parts of the movie, and/or speed up the ones that are necessary for understand the rest of the movie. I actually thing with the right editing, and scene tweaking this movie can be great.

There is great potential in many of the scenes and I just wish it could be shortened in those long drawn out silence scenes that are simply not needed.

Let me know what you think:
Have you seen the movie?
if so do you think a cutting room floor would help and should I attempt to edit it? (if there's no demand I will not bother)

If you have not seen it, will you? how are other reviews if you read any?

Use the comments below or email theborisedu at gmail.com

No comments: